Vekoma has a large in-house engineering department with over 125 engineers divided over various disciplines Vehicle Engineering, Track Engineering and (Control) Systems Engineering, R&D and Engineering Support, working from the corporate offices in Vlodrop and a satellite office in Breda, the Netherlands.
These divisions work closely together during the engineering phase of a project, which can take anywhere from 6 months to three years depending on the size and complexity. Core Activities within our engineering departments are:
- Development of designs for structural components and dynamic load machinery
- Development of two- and / or three-dimensional designs with drawings and integration of design changes and design verification in the designs, preparation of quality documents, including the FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) for the testing of the various systems,
- Preparing (analytical or numerical) static or dynamic calculations to determine load and/or motion analysis applicable to a system.
- Preparing (analytical or numerical) stress analysis followed by fatigue or strength calculation for components that are part of the mechanical (Sub-System).
- Validating the design of the rides using Failure Modes, Effects Analysis and Hazard Analysis.
- The design of operating systems, including software and equipment (brakes, drive units)
- Description of the entire ride logic including the Theory of Operation with respect to timing, capacity and safety.
- Electrical hardware, design (diagrams and control cabinets)
Within these divisions responsibilities are coordinated by Division Managers and Unit Managers and performed by Lead Engineers, Design Engineers, Control System Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Draftsmen.